Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Learnings during Summer Internship

It is very Important that you share your learnings among you people. I am happy that some students are doing really well. Others should get inspired.
Learnings during Summer InternshipSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

5 comments:

ARPIT said...

Hello friends!

Hope you all are enjoying your summer training and doing great work,same here.During this week I have learnt a lot while working on the field(BP RETAIL OUTLET).I interacted with many customers to know their views about BP outlet and In & Out convenience store.

It was really very tough to get 2 minute time from people for asking some questions because no one has time,when I asked 5 customers for time then only 2 said yes that they will give their time but still I’ve managed and interacted with many customers and knew their view regarding outlet and convenience store and it has given me such a wonderful experience and now I am confident enough that I can get time and interact with anyone.

I had also counted no. of vehicles which come to petrol pump and their fill size(in ltrs.) to calculate avg fill size of vehicles for a day.

Friends please also share your experience here.
Enjoy your work and try to feel it.


B BYE!

gitika said...

hey guys...I am very happy working for my company (MSI) here in bangalore. I'm meeting new people everyday, interacting with them and i believe that MSI will soon be known to many people across the country. I'm getting some superb compliments from the customers for the promotional activity i'm carrying out here at the store... and believe me, it is very encouraging!!! all the best to all of u :)

Unknown said...

hello everyone!
hope you all are enjoying your summer training..me also frnds..during this week i have got my project also and it is really a new experience working with such a large company..the staff is very supportive and everyone is ready to help us if we have any problem..whatever we read in our books in theory that is totally different from the practical world..analyse the real company's anual report and their other statements..really interesting..rest is fine..

Thank You

Unknown said...

Hello Friends,

Hope you all are enjoying your summer training and doing well.I am having a great time here in BHEL,with lots of learning and live projects.The staff here is very supportive specially my Project Mentor as he always appraise me on my work and this keep up my morale and to work with excellence.

Though I am not the part of the company still i feel the part of it.

Do well and stay fit always!!!!!!!

Take Care,

Bye!!!!

ARPIT said...

Hello Friends!!

Well friends I am enjoying my training till the core of my heart.As I’ve completed my First month of training my project guide Mr. Rajiv Sikka celebrated this with us at hotel TRIDENT and we had taken dinner,I am delighted and thanks to sir for giving us such a wonderful party and celebrating with us.

As a lerarning experience this week was so wonderful.From outside the world everyone think that petroleum companies are just selling fuel to us and they have no other work.
But after coming here my perception has been totally changed.As the prices of fuels decided by GOI and there are three major players in this industry IOCL,BPCL,HPCL and some private firms like ESSAR and due to this tough competition is going on between these companies.Every customer think that as price of fuel are same so they can take fuel from any pump which is nearby to their premises and which gives them accurate quantity and quality.Due to this Oil companies are facing tough competition from eachother and to increase their sales they are continuously applying lot of marketing and sales strategies.
BPCL is also doing lot of activities for the acquisition of new customers and thus it has made many models to attract new customers and to enter into new potential hub.The model which it has launched are:

1. SDCV(SHORT DISTANCE COMMERCIAL VEHICLE)
2. HNAM(HIGHWAY NETWORK ASSURANCE MODEL)
3. OSTS(ONE STOP TRUCKER’S STOP)
4. OSTTS(ONE STOP TRUCKER’S AND TOURIST’S STOP)

And due to this sales of BPCL is keep increasing and customer loyalty is also increasing and new customer acquisition is also taking place.
Apart from these models BPCL launched many different activities for the customers and gives them different prizes and coupans time to time.


Hope you all are also enjoying your training.

Keep posting your experience and enjoy your training.

Rest is fine!
B BYE friends!